The work of the Anti-Racism & Equity committee is two-fold:
- The committee engages members in anti-racist education.
- The committee addresses gender equity and disability issues, as well as issues which impact Aboriginal, bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender members.
This committee will aspire to:
- Foster a collaborative link with our Race Relations and Equity Office at the Board.
- Assist in the funding of members who have an interest in conferences/workshops that support the efforts of this committee.
- Support members with various committee related initiatives in the Board.
- Educate members about cultural, racial, ethnic and religious diversity within the education community and society.
- Promote teaching as a career for under-represented groups in society.
- Provide strategies to ensure that all Peel Local activitiesare inclusive.
- Encourage the development of bias-free curriculum materials.
- Hold an annual dinner to recognize and commemorate the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.