PETL Status of Women Funding
Status of Women Funding is now open for 2019-2020 school year!
The Status of Women Committee has set aside funds for conferences/programs which promote:
• Women in Leadership
• Women's Issues
This fund is available to all Peel Elementary teachers on a first come basis, subject to eligibility and approval. The fund can only be accessed for one conference each year.
- Status of Women can fund up to $800 while funding is available. Funds may be used to cover conference/workshop costs and/or up to 3 Occasional Teacher days (at $250/day) to attend the activity, up to the maximum amount.
- Please see the full, updated guidelines on this page to the right under "Related Documents".
- Please find all information/forms under Related Documents to the right.
- Where a member is not incurring a cost to attend a conference/workshop/or other professional development course (e.g., member is presenting at the conference/workshop/professional development course and the registration fee is being paid by the organization), the member must provide the PETL with evidence of this cost being absorbed
- PETL will not reimburse any travel expenses incurred through the use of crowdsourcing apps, including but not limited to, Uber and Lyft, effective July 1st, 2019.
- All applications MUST be received in the Local office at least 10 school days before the activity's start date.
- Applications are processed approximately 10 school days of being received at the Local office.
Inquires can be directed to Aman Mehta, PETL Secretary-Treasurer, by calling 905-564-7233 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Be Reimbursed After Your Approved Activity, submit the following to the Local within 90 days of the completion of your activity:
a) A copy of the approved PETL Status of Women Application Form;
b) Receipts for approved/eligible expenses from the conference (copies are acceptable), including any support for $US conversions, when applicable. Please outline any cost sharing and attribution of costs when submitting receipts, when applicable (e.g., shared hotel room). Mileage support is not required at this point if it was already sent with the original application.
c) Documents can be couriered, faxed (905-564-7236) or emailed to Aman Mehta, Secretary-Treasurer (email@example.com)
For any additional information, please contact the Secretary-Treasurer, Aman Mehta:
- Phone: 905-564-7233
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org